Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nagarkot - Fort Resort and flora

Trishna and I stayed at the The Fort Hotel, which was formerly a palace. The gardens are well maintained, and have a variety of plants and flowers.


A variety of orchids


Was fascinated with this flower. Can't find the name or picture anywhere. If anybody knows the name, let me know. I asked the maitre d' or hotel manager, and he gave me their name for it - 'Krishna Kali' (?)

Update, 16 May 2009 - Thanks to Corinne, now I know that this flower is the Fuchsia !!
I should have guessed it from the colours of the flower, right? Well, there it is. And now the hunt begins for the seeds, and maybe I'll get some growing in the garden for the summer!





Spider webs ... there really should be a separate post on this ... 







This web was stretched across the bushes





The spider spinning its web ... 


No comments: